Monday, August 24, 2009

Pre-London Blog: Feelings before the big trip

Today is the day that I have been preparing for ever since I found out that I was excepted to Biola London six months ago. Today I get on that little airplane and fly for eight hours to London, England. I do not think it has hit me yet that I am really going. It feels like I am in a dream, I am just waiting to wake up and start my summer all over again. Yesterday and through the night I was packing. Trying to fit four months worth of stuff in two large suitcases and one small backpack. Thank God for space bags or else this mission would be impossible! I just wanted to bring everything so that I do not have to spend money over there...I just do not like the idea of buying something over there that I already have here, but I guess that is the fun of it. What can I say I am frugal.

In two hours I will leave my apartment and my mom will drive me to LAX. My plane leaves at 5:30pm but I need to get there at least 3 hours early just to be safe. My friend Priscilla is meeting me to give me my farewells, I think I might cry. I have not really cried yet which is strange because I am so emotional. I thought I would be a mess by this point, but I kinda feel numb to it all. I am excited I know I am, I just do not know what to expect. Maybe it will hit me when I get to the airport...maybe not until I am on the plane...maybe not until I am actually in London, England....another continent! Wow I cannot believe I am actually doing this.
This has been one of my dreams for so long and now it is actually coming true! I am so thankful for the blessings and opportunities He gives me, God is good!
So now I am off to finish my poppy seed muffins my mom made me and check for the hundredth time that I have EVERYTHING I need.
Thanks for reading my blog! I will post again soon :)
Love always, Danni

No comments:

Post a Comment